Sunday, May 17, 2009

gocco here we go (again)


Originally uploaded by jezburrows

I really like this gocco print by Jez Burrows. We were at a wedding last night and Graham's friend Marc (a gocco owner) was there. He says he has spare screens and bulbs that I can use and replace later so I might be able to have a new gocco print or two before the next craft market. That would be good and I'm really thrilled at the thought of using the gocco again. I can't wait to see the first print appear! I just need to pluck up the courage to phone Marc to arrange things (I'm notoriously bad at making phonecalls) and then get my long planned design looking like it does in my slightly murky and inaccessible imagination... Hmmm... Does anybody else have brilliant ideas that get clouded over when you actually try to pursue them? It happens to me all the time but sometimes I manage to get past it. I wonder if the ideas are really there at all or if I just imagine they are. As those musical nuns say, how do you catch a cloud and pin it down? I think the hulder print turned out looking nearly like I imagined it would but not until I'd fiddled with it for a good few months. I've got two weeks to get this next one just right. Pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)