Friday, February 22, 2013

knitted twoos!

 My mum (who's staying with us this week - hooray!) has been busy knitting lately and made this owly cardigan for Dulcie.  Dulcie is very interested in owls, or "twoos" as she calls them.
Isn't it gorgeous?  It's a little bit big at the moment, but should be the perfect size to be a summer jacket for her, we think.  I had asked my mum to make the famous owl sweater for Dulcie back when I was pregnant, but we agreed that a cardigan would be more useful at this young age, so my mum found this similar cable pattern on Ravelry.  I have made her promise to make the owl sweater when Dulcie is a bit older, though!

p.s. You still have time to enter the Girls' Day giveaway or to help me support the British Heart Foundation by buying something from my shop!

4 comments:

  1. Nevermind an owl jumper for Dulcie, she should be knitting an owlie cardigan to fit you, that's what any good mother would do, surely!!??
    It's beautiful, what a lovely Mummy you have and lovely Granny Dulcie has!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's certainly earning her Granny stripes this week! Such a shame she has to go home again tomorrow :(

      Delete
  2. What a fab cardi! Lucky Dulcie to have a lovely knitting grandma:) Jimmy has a nanny and grandma who both keep him kitted out in knitted cardigans, which are great! Although nanny did once make some yellow knitted trousers! which I'm ashamed to say he has never worn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a bit stressful making sure they wear all their gifts enough before they grow out of them, but handmade gifts are doubly stressful, aren't they? I think this cardigan will end up being well worn though :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)