Tuesday, March 2, 2010

in memoriam

What better way to commemorate your favourite recently deceased soap star than through the medium of stitch? Didn't I tell you I'd been busy embroidering behind the scenes? Every stitch in Bradley (from his ginger hair to his v-neck jumper to his squint smile) is consecrated by a single teardrop... It was great therapy after the trauma of the live episode!
I couldn't stand to have Bradley separated from his beloved Stacey on cotton as well as on screen, so I stitched her up too. Be strong, Stace! We love you!

I'm going to be adding these (along with the other characters who have been out of stock for a while) to my etsy (large only) and shopify (large and small sizes) shops tonight. I've decided to stitch on demand, rather than try to keep on top of having a few of each on the go at any one time. This does mean you'll have to wait a bit longer to get any embroideries you order (I'm thinking 14 days) but it also means that your favourite characters will never be unavailable. Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. They're fabulous, I lovge them, you really are a genius stitcher!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo! love the new ones!

    Stitching on demand sounds like a good plan - frees you up a bit to create new stuff rather than keep repeating pieces! I think thats a really good plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both :)

    I'm really glad about the stiching to order too - oh, the possibilities of new stitchies! I still need to make at least one of each for taking to markets (and for a fabulous exhibition I've been hearing about, Claire!) but after that I am free to create! The plans! The plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely perfect! I hope thatone day I will be stitched in memoriam - imagine that as a gravestone! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)