Thursday, August 30, 2012

casting the first stone

As of today, Dulcie weighs... one stone!  Can you believe it?  That's nearly four times what she weighed when she was born and while she's still a wee skinny-ma-linky really, she's gradually creeping up the percentiles where once she didn't even make it onto the graph, bless her cotton socks.  And today she bit another baby on the bum.  Ah, I was so proud.

This smiling photo, taken today, does not paint a very realistic picture of our life this week.  I swear Dulcie has been teething since about March, but surely we must be due to see an actual tooth soon?!   She is so grumpy at the moment and has been screaming a lot in a most un-Dulcie-like way, plus her nappies are (quite literally) eye-watering, which we're told is also tooth related.  I'll be a bit sad/nostalgic when a tooth does finally emerge, I'm sure, but I don't know how much more of the neediness I can cope with.

p.s. How cute is her little outfit?  It's a hand-me-up from her younger-but-bigger cousin.  See?  There are benefits to being underweight after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)