Friday, April 4, 2014

odd couple?

My nieces and nephew once came across this cardboard figure amongst a whole set of cardboard figures they were making and thought (or my sister thought, more likely) that it looked like me.  I'm happy with the comparison, not that my brain is generally up to the likes of Simone de Beauvoir these days.  This little figure has sat on my shelf for a number of years, but lately this malfunctioning robot has moved house to be beside her.  Graham?  I'm not sure why it reminds me of him, but it does, maybe because of all the useful tasks he performs around the house without any gentleness or regard for precious-to-me objects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)