Saturday, August 7, 2010

roar-bish auntie

My nephew, Angus, turned three two whole weeks ago and I have only just finished making his present.
Plus his present turned out a bit rubbish. Hopefully he doesn't mind too much. I am a bad auntie :( As well as dinosaurs, Angus loves volcanoes. Thank goodness I managed to send him one of Marceline's kawaii volcano cards in time for the big day, at least.

I did use a pattern for this dinosaur, but I'm not even going to post a link to it because the pattern/instructions were so awful. It was free to download, but was foolishly posted by a publisher as a teaser for a whole book of patterns. I certainly wouldn't buy the book now. I had to adapt the pattern a lot, as I couldn't work out how half the pieces fitted together. I'm pretty sure it's a bad sign when half the pieces you cut out are left over when the dinosaur is finished... Their shoddy pattern has not helped my auntie-rating at all. Harumph!

Angus's birthday marks the beginning of crazy season as far as children's birthdays go. There is a gift-requiring birthday every fortnight or so for the next few months. I can't keep up! I think perhaps I should give up on the handmade gifts - better a shop-bought present than no present at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)