Wednesday, May 2, 2012

bounce and rhyme is snoozy time

This morning Dulcie and I went to Bounce & Rhyme at the public library.  As you can see from the photo, it was not very bouncy!  Dulcie fell asleep in her pram on the way there.  She didn't wake up when I lifted her out of the pram, she didn't wake up when I put her down on the floor, she didn't wake up when I removed her outdoor clothes.  She didn't wake up when the singing started, or when we applauded the end of each song, or when I waved her arms and legs around during the action numbers.  I felt like a total divvy, singing and gesticulating, surrounded by smiling and interactive babies while my baby slept on indifferently.  I'm sure you can picture the scene...

This was only our second visit to Bounce & Rhyme.  The first time we went along she fed through the whole thing.  Are these avoidance tactics?  I'm starting to suspect singing may not be her bag!  Third time lucky?  I hope so.  I secretly love singing action songs, so I'm not about to give it up.

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! At least you don't have to be super quiet when she's sleeping ;}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.............
    I just read back through several posts and saw all that you and your sweet girl have had to deal with. I wrote my first post before I knew all of that. You have been through so much and have come a long way! Good luck now and in the future from a new fan in the state of Kansas, USA. I hope little Dulcie will sleep more at night for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments :)

      Despite this evidence of how soundly she can sleep, we still tiptoe into bed of an evening. My sleep is too precious to gamble with!

      Delete
  3. ha ha! same thing used to happen when I took Jimmy to rhymetime or snoozetime! We've just started going again now he's 8months and he's really enjoying it, am sure Dulcie will too...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does really enjoy it... when she manages to stay awake. The real challenge for her is to go a whole 25 minute session without looking for milk!

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)