Thursday, September 12, 2013

you can't give a baby booze*

A couple of weeks ago Graham had to take a day off work to look after Dulcie while I went to some appointments at the hospital.  Fortunately, I was all done by the early afternoon, so managed to meet Graham and Dulcie for a lovely lunch in Two Figs.  I had a half pint of local beer, most refreshing after spending the morning pedalling an exercise bike while hooked up to all sorts of monitors.
Dulcie was too late in her attempt to siphon off the booze and only got a beer-flavoured bubble for her efforts.  She seemed to like it though.  Dulcie had insanely garlicky (garlic-y?) houmous and flatbread for her lunch and literally licked the bowl clean, much to the amusement of the waitress.
She was very chuffed with her little window seat.  Definitely a lady who lunches in the making.

* unless it's Babycham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)