Saturday, May 10, 2014

more candles than we care to mention

 Yesterday was my birthday.  I had a busy day.  Birthday breakfast with my family in Elgin (here's my birthday buttery - yum!) in the morning, a long train journey with Dulcie in the afternoon and then a short evening with Graham back in Glasgow - prosecco and snacks while watching Gogglebox and The Trip.
To my great surprise, Graham had used his time alone in the flat to make (yes, make!) me a birthday cake - a delicious Victoria sponge.  Here's one of the super-cute candles from it, which he found in a nearby hardware shop.

I've decided that if your birthday falls on a Friday that your birthday should officially last all weekend, so I'm still celebrating.  I think the birthday weekend will be filled with cake, cheesy music and a trip to the zoo.  Aren't I lucky that my birthday so often coincides with Eurovision?  Poor Graham can't refuse.  Ha!

I'll be back soon with some photos from my trip up north as well as a new regular feature, I hope.  Oh, you are in for a treat, people.  I found my diary from 1988 and it is hilarious.  I'm planning to share it all in weekly installments.  Time-travelling Tuesdays perhaps?  Watch this space!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for yesterday :) Enjoy Eurovision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm just about to quaff a glass of prosecco now, while watching the competitors being introduced. Not sure I'll make it to the end, mind you!

      Delete
  2. happy birthday weekend fellow taurean !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday laura :) I hope you had a great time, sounds like you did. i love the pretty horse candle there, hope your birthday weekend continues in style :) safxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Saf :) A bearded lady won Eurovision (or was it a man in a dress?) so I couldn't really ask for more. We're heading off to the zoo today and Dulcie is very excited at the prospect of seeing a giraffe :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Laura! Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had fun:) We enjoyed watching eurovision this year too and were rooting for Conchita!! Glad he/she won! jimmy saw a clip on tv and was quite bemused!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moira :) Dulcie is obsessed with categorising people as boys or girls these days, though her criteria is slightly unusual at times. I wonder what she would make of Conchita!

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)