Sunday, November 9, 2014

hot bot

 It's Dulcie's birthday tomorrow.  She'll be three!  Can you believe it?!  Being mid clear-out, we decided to go low-key on presents, not wanting to re-clutter the place already, but I think the simple little things we're giving Dulcie will be well received as they're all things chosen most specifically for her.  As well as a skipping rope and a Ladybird book of The Billy Goats Gruff, she'll be getting a hot water bottle, something she's been coveting for ages.  And that's it.
I made this cosy cover for her hot water bottle from a lovely jumper (that originally belonged to my friend Lorna before it came my way) that I accidentally shrank and then purposefully felted.  It's so snuggly.  The buttons at the neck hole allow the bottle to be taken out so we should be able to replace it if we ever need to.  I hope Dulcie will be snuggling up with this beauty for many years to come.

Right, I'd best be off.  I've got a Billy Goats Gruff cake to make... Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to Dulcie! The hot water bottle is sure to be a big hit - a really clever way to use a jumper that has lost its jumpering-function.
    Hope to see a photo of the cake too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilde :) Watch this space for a photo of the cake. It was amzingly awful, but Dulcie LOVED it and claimed it was the best thing about her birthday. I think that definitely makes it a success!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Dulcie! Hope she had a lovely day and enjoyed her presses ..great upcycling ..the cover looks fabulous! 3 is such fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Moira :) Last night was the first night with the hot water bottle in her bed and it went down very well. Best £2.99 I ever spent! I agree - so far 3 has been hilarious. Hope Jimmy is good and keeping you all entertained too x

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)