Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ambitions realised and an afternoon out

It took me the full time Graham was away but I finished the spur of the moment Mad Men inspired wall thingy!  It turned out to be a nice surprise and got approved for wall mounting on the first viewing.  So here it is on our living room wall:
It works really well in the room and I'm very pleased with it (though still a little annoyed that it was so darned time consuming).  As you can hopefully see (sorry the picture is not so great) I went with a selection of blues, greens and greys and threw in a few reds for good measure.  After hanging this, I actually left the house!  

We walked through the park...
...having a 99 on the way.  Mmmm!  This was a good antidote to the heat, for a while at least.  We walked into town and went to the GoMA (where we bumped into my cousin Isobel who was working there - this was a nice surprise as I never ever ever see any relatives of mine) to see the Jim Lambie exhibition:
I loved the floor (here are my feet on it) but overall I was a bit disappointed.  We did meet a very amusing security guard though, who told us about the 'concepts' behind it all.  It was all to do with music (the floor represents The Strokes apparently?) and he tried to blind us with musical trivia but seemed genuinely pleased when Graham out-triva-ed him.  In the shop, I found some gorgeous notecards of Charley Harper's bird pictures.  This was too much of a fabulous coincidence to resist as I had been trying to find some on the internet this very morning to no avail.  Hooray!

We walked home again, stopping off for a leafy pint on the way:
It hit the spot - lovely and cold.  Mmmm!

Tonight I will be staying in, resting my tonsils before tomorrow night's karaoke.  Don't ask...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)