Monday, July 28, 2008

memoir monday (one)

My sister sent me her diary from 1986/1987 a few months ago.  At that time she was 9-ish, I was 6-ish.  The diary was written (often but not frequently as far as I can see) as part of her language work at school so is not private in any way.  It was definitely written to be read.  My sister is much cleverer and funnier than she realises and her old diary has entertained me in so many ways since she sent it to me so I have decided to share it with the world at large.  I plan to post one of her diary entries each Monday, or thereabouts.  Very soon Mondays will not be a day to look forward to for me (scary new job is looming) and it would be nice to have a fun routine to keep me blogging positively.  I'm not planning to post entries in chronological order, I'll just post one that tickles my fancy for whatever reason. Today's choice of diary entry was inspired by a lovely post at Kitty Genius.  

30th January 1987
Yesterday we had to go to Brownies. The snow must have been quite bad at Gartly because at the sides of the road there
 is still about two feet of snow. At home I went upstairs to get changed and looked out of the window. (I know it sounds stupid because it was night but outside when it's dark lights shine and it makes it more interesting.) Suddenly there was a noise and it gave me a big fright but it was only Percy on the bean-bag.

(Percy was one of our cats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)