Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The nuts and bolts of robo-craft

Staying away from the computer for a little while paid off and I made something from start to finish for what seemed like the first time in ages.  

This is what I made - a tie I decorated for my dad's birthday (which was nearly four weeks ago): 
I feel bad that his gift is so late but hopefully he will like it and I'm sure it will be quite a surprise to get a present nearly a month after the event! 

This little tie robot took much longer to make than I had expected with lots of fiddly problems cropping up.  I like how he turned out though, a bit more subdued and simple than my usual projects.  The black clouds outside (and the jazzy reflective material of the robot) prevented me getting a very good photo but I wanted this packaged up and sent off as soon as possible.  I think it is quite late enough!

The robo-tie got me thinking about other robots I have made so I decided to go for a robo-craft themed post.

This is a cuddly robot I made as a birthday gift for Spencer last year:  
The pattern is by Hillary Lang at Wee Wonderfuls and I love it!

And this is Graham's pyjama pocket, lovingly adorned by me:  
The poor robot turned out a bit wonky in the old leg department...
Lauribot is my robotic alter-ego and I hoped that Graham would feel loved every time he wore these pyjamas but I think they are too big for him so he doesn't wear them often.  He definitely appreciated the thought, though!  'I'm Knitting A Singlet For Cecil' springs to mind...

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)