Thursday, April 21, 2011

always something there to remind me

Everywhere I go...
I see patterns...
and shapes...
that remind me...
of a certain...
crocheted something...
which proves I'm still obsessed...
even if sore fingers...
are slowing progress.

I snapped all these while out wandering this morning because they all made me think of my beloved ripple blanket and I realised I hadn't shared an update for a while.
Here's where I'm at with it so far. I'm having to take frequent days off to stop my hands from getting too sore, but I'm still probably getting a couple of stripes done each week. It doesn't matter how many more stripes I crochet, I always seem to think I'm ten stripes from finishing. I'm still loving it, though colour selection is becoming a bit more stressful as the blanket nears completion...

Despite the fact that it's not too good for my precarious fingers, I definitely see much more crochet in my future once the blanket is done. I bought a book in a charity shop last week - my usual 1960s/1970s things you can make for your home - with lots of crochet projects including crocheted owl pictures. Oooh! Right, I'm off to do another stripe. Yellow, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)