Thursday, October 6, 2011

crochet calamity

Disaster has struck and I ran out of wool with a sleeve and a bit to go. Noooo! I'm going to head into town later today and see if I can find another ball the same. I'm hopeful I should be able to since I only bought this wool when I was making the ripple blanket, so it was not too long ago. If not, this cardigan will have to have mismatched sleeves or just one three-quarter length sleeve for that asymmetrical eighties look. I will keep you posted.

If I hadn't run out of wool, I definitely would have managed to finish this cardigan last night. I am so pleased with all the new stitches I learned, especially front post treble and back post treble which are used to make the ribbed border at the bottom. I am feeling like quite the crochet pro :) That said, I am going to have to unravel that first sleeve as I have gone wrong somewhere and ended up with not as many stitches as I should have. It shouldn't take long to remake it though. You can be sure that I would be making do with a skinny sleeve (or throwing the whole project in a drawer) if this had been knitted!

In other great crochet news, I found some mustard wool at last! Hooray! It's a bit of a gamble buying this online, but I'm quite hopeful about the colour since I saw a ball of Patons 4-ply cotton in "gold" (the same name as this wool) in a shop and it was the perfect colour. I have ordered gold, teal and brown and am looking forward to making another one of these crocheted cardigans with a pair of matching cowboy boots. Yee ha!

I should really do some non-crochet crafting today. I've got some bunting and brooch kits to make for Made In The Shade and they are long overdue. My craft room is a serious tip though, which is putting me off getting started. I should go and clear myself a little space now. If I was organised, I could drop off goodies with Made In The Shade on my way into town to look for green wool.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I wonder if that website had it all along...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could've invented a 'new look' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the fashion world will be very disappointed to learn that I did manage to find another ball of wool in the same colour! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)