Friday, October 12, 2012

OMG, I motherfreakin' made something else!

Over five years after printing out the pattern for these crocheted cowboy boots, I have finally made a pair.  In my defence, I didn't know how to crochet when I originally found the pattern.  I made these bad boys while we were away in France, sewing in the ends etc. once we got home.  One boot is a bit misshapen and wonky (I kept getting distracted when I should have been counting stitches!) but I am living with it.  For now.
I'm glad Dulcie the shoe refuser is willingly wearing them as I was starting to feel bad taking her out in cold weather wearing just her socks.  You can probably tell from this picture that Dulcie (and I) came home from France with a horrible cold.
She's really feeling rotten, but put on a brave face while modelling her boots for the camera, bless her.
And here she is genuinely happy because I was letting her play with the remote control for the TV.  Isn't her jacket lovely?  My mum bought it for her (at a second hand baby sale in France) before she was even born and she has finally grown into it at just the right time of year.  This jacket used to look so huge to me!

4 comments:

  1. ha! I am so glad you finally made these as I recall you blogging or talking about them before Dulcie was even a sparkle in the milkman's eye. They look ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It turns out they look even better with a dress and a pair of tights. Too cute!

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant!!! can you remember where you got the pattern from many moons ago? It's the year of my friends popping out babies. We are currently waiting on number 3, I'm hoping for a halloween treat so we can dress the poppet up. Then there is one more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The pattern keeps moving around and disappearing, but I emailed it to myself some time back so I'll forward it on to you.

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)