Thursday, October 4, 2012

OMG, I motherfreakin' made something!

 Stop the press and shock horror, I am blogging about something I made!  Seriously!  Ah, it's just like the good old days, isn't it?  For the first time in around two years, I did some embroidery.  I started this during my mum's visit, getting about 95% of it done in two sessions, and then took weeks to get the remaining 5% done.  I had a strict deadline so was snatching every minute I could to get it finished, wrapping it up while the glue on the back was still wet.
Can you tell who it is?  Please tell me you can tell who it is!  It is perhaps not my finest work, but hopefully I'm wasting valuable time by typing this - it's Doctor Who!  About a year ago, my sister asked me if I thought I could make her an embroidery of Matt Smith as Doctor Who in the style of my EastEnders embroidered portraits.  It's her birthday today and this is her gift.  Fingers crossed she likes it.  (I'm typing this from the past, so don't yet know what her reaction was, if you see what I mean.  I went to see a film about time travel today, or two days ago, so that sentence with its multiple tenses has left me very confused!)  I'm sure I'll at least get some brownie points for trying.  I don't watch Doctor Who all that avidly, so it was a bit trickier to get him looking recognisably like himself compared to Dot/Pat whose faces are practically tattooed on the backs of my eyelids.  I even stitched his bow tie in completely the wrong colour and had to pick it out and do it again.  I figured that would be a problem to a hardcore Doctor Who fan, right?

Anyway, he's done now and is my first post-baby craft project seen through to completion.  This, combined with my recent craft room clear-out, has got me itching to do more.  Watch this space (patiently)!

6 comments:

  1. He's fabulous!!!! I know a small girl who'd love it on her bedroom wall! Well done you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a big girl I know is very pleased to have it on hers! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. What's with the zero comments??!! This is brilliant! And all the more brilliant because it was made while having a baby to tend to. Two thumbs up missus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that was just me being tardy while I was away on holiday, not getting round to publishing comments, but thanks very much for the indignation (and compliments) anyway! :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)