Wednesday, April 24, 2013

brainwave/harebrained

Those of you who have been reading long enough to remember my Craftathon 2011 may remember that I failed to make a rug.  This was partly because I never got round to it and partly because I couldn't think of any image I would want on a rug.  Dulcie LOVES Miffy these days.  Every time she sees a picture of Miffy, she squeaks "Mimi!" and she spends ages reading what was my Miffy book and is now decidedly hers.  This morning, when Dulcie got very excited to see I was wearing my Miffy socks, inspiration struck - why not make a Miffy rug for Dulcie's (future) room?  Who knows when (if?) this will actually happen, and goodness knows Dulcie will probably be less interested in Miffy by then, but that rabbit is a classic who never goes out of style (I love her even at my ripe old age) so I don't think it could go too far wrong.  Once I've finished crocheting the sleeves on Dulcie's cardigan, I will start planning the design and sourcing my supplies.  I will be so excited if I actually manage to make a rug, but for now I'm excited enough to have a rug plan!

Edit: And look at this cute Miffy amigurumi pattern too (free to download).  I predict I'll crochet this before even starting on the rug.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Miffy! She is totally awesome! I still have some of the books I had when I was little (that Zoe now has in her room, ready for her to read). I also own a giant (3' high) Miffy, along with various other items. She is so cute! Make me a rug too?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm down, calm down! I think I should complete one rug before I start taking orders ;)

      Delete
  2. We love Miffy too! We went to her 50th nirthday party in Manchester, it was fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks good for her age! Everyone loves Miffy, it seems :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)