Tuesday, October 21, 2014

time-travelling tuesday (part 23)

   
Stoats and shrews, it was a week of nature spotting for me.  I think this was the only time I've ever seen a stoat and it was standing up just like the one in this picture.  Shrews, however, were ten a penny, but I was still always pleased to see them and their ridiculous noses.  There were definite upsides to growing up in the country.  Dulcie's version of nature consists of pigeons, magpies, lowly grey squirrels and maybe the odd fox or rat if she's lucky.  Mind you, what Glasgow lacks in wildlife, it makes up for with cinemas, swimming pools, parks, libraries, soft play...  Plus my parents' new garden is a haven of frogs and hedgehogs.  Yeah, she'll be fine :)

20th May June 1988
Went to Finlays house.  I saw a shrew running into its hole.  I've decided to start a band.

21st May June 1988
Today it was Gartly sports.

22nd May June 1988
Played with Callum and James.

23rd June 1988
Ballet exams today.  The policeman came to stamp the bikes.

24th JUNE 1988
Today I was sick.  It is very very very very very very very very very very very hot.

25TH JUNE 1988
WE WENT TO DISCOVVERY DOME TODAY.

26th June 1988
I saw a stote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)