Sunday, December 7, 2014

a lesson on positive thinking from a merry-go-round horse


Here's something cheerier - Horace The Horse by Burl Ives.  I loved this song when I was wee and have been singing it with Dulcie lately, ever since she called her toy horse Horace.  How much better Horace felt when he learned to view his situation from a different perspective.  There's something in that for sure...if your worst problem is that you're the last horse on the merry-go-round!

In other fun news (non-news) Dulcie made me laugh as soon as I woke up this morning.  We had a difficult day together on Friday and, as she dug her heels in and stamped her feet for the umpteenth time, I had to remind her that, although she might think she was the boss, I was the boss.  This morning, when she told me to get up and play with her, without thinking I responded, "OK, boss."  Dulcie replied, "No, Mummy.  You're the boss and I'm just the furniture."  Ha ha!  I swear I didn't mean to break her spirit completely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)