Thursday, December 11, 2014

hand making

I started off today being all productive, finishing off the handmade gift I posted about yesterday and decorating our fireplace (bauble mania!) while I waited for the charity shop to come and remove our old fridge freezer.  Then I lost all energy and motivation and lay on the couch watching a film (Paul - it was pretty bad) and deleting old programmes from our YouView Box.  It was then that I stumbled across last year's Great British Sewing Bee Christmas Special and decided to watch it. (It doesn't look like they're having one this year.  Boo hiss!)  Before I knew it, I found my hands busy wrapping a polystyrene ring in wool as I watched the lovely festive sewing.  I wasn't following any sort of plan really, but am quite liking the tropical look of this wreath so far and enjoyed the relatively mindless repetitiveness of the task.  And the pretty colours :) I'm hoping for some more downtime next week so that I can get out my glue gun and attach some origamied Quality Street wrappers that I've been saving for just such an opportunity since my family folded them in a weird group effort two Chistmases ago.  I'm not sure I'll be able to make the wreath look good, but I'm looking forward to playing with my glue gun nonetheless.

I've really been liking making more stuff lately.  I know it's been made possible by my being off work, home alone without a toddler demanding my attention, but I'm hoping I can sustain it to some degree once I'm back at work.  I think I'm going to make crafting my new year's resolution, maybe another craftathon like the one I attempted in 2011, but probably on a smaller scale.  I know there are more important things I should resolve to tackle (health and home) but I'm sure I'll do those anyway, so I think I'll use my official resolution on something more fun and more likely to slip under the radar otherwise, namely making.  I don't know yet exactly what form Craftathon 2015 will take, but I'm sure I'll have it figured out by the end of the month.  I already have one new-to-me craft lined up.  It's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)