Saturday, February 26, 2011

the circus is in town

Right now I'm mainly trying to be quiet while Graham has a nap, but later on I am planning to have a look through my circus book for some craftathon 2011 inspiration. I'm thinking today could be a good day to tackle paper cutting/collage. This book is absolutely amazing and HUGE, as you can see from this photo. I first spotted it in a lovely bookshop when we were on holiday in Aberfeldy a couple of years ago and it cost a few hundred bucks. Years later, I was still thinking about it and wondering if I could ever justify spending that much on a single book no matter how lovely. Recently, though, I was searching for it online just to drool over and discovered that a second edition had been published and it was only 20-odd bucks. It's slightly smaller than the original (yes, the original was even bigger than this!) but that's maybe just as well because even this one won't fit on any bookshelf! It's absolutely jam-packed with amazing circus-related photographs and illustrations (I'll try to take some photos to share once we are in the daylight season again) so is bound to give me some inspiration today. Now I just need to find a space big enough to open the thing in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)