Friday, February 4, 2011

a doof doof with class


london mapcut on white
Originally uploaded by studio kmo

Er, wow! How completely amazing is this papercut map by studio kmo (a.k.a. Karen M O'Leary)? Click on the link to visit her etsy shop to see more wondrousness. I think I added papercutting to my 2011 craftathon list, didn't I? Don't be expecting anything like this. Maybe in 2012 though... (I joke!)

This is my only day off in ages as I'm having to do overtime, which means a good old 60 hour week and working 8 out of 9 days in a row. Ugh. My work has gone mental-busy again, which I put down to this little cog having taken a week off. Ha! Anyway, I had great plans to make the most of today, so I set my alarm for 7.30 so I could get up and go swimming before meeting my friend for an afternoon in town with a little bit of crafting/blogging/diy in between. However, it was the howling wind and the rain lashing off my window that woke me up really, so I went back to sleep, cancelled the swimming and then my friend suggested we reschedule for another (drier) day, which was fine by me. I'm staying in where it's dry and cosy - woo hoo! But now I've spent all morning in my pyjamas browsing the internet. Whoops. I've seen lots of great stuff though (see above!) and have ordered about a million (well, six) things from eBay for a new project of mine that I am stupidly excited about. I came up with this new masterplan of mine on Monday morning, so have had itchy brain and fingers at work all week wanting to get started on it. Whenever I have a top plan, I always think someone else must have thought of it already. Sometimes I choose not to find out, but when I'm feeling brave, I google my idea and cross my fingers. Today I googled and searched etsy, but I couldn't find anybody making this anywhere. Yay! That's not to say nobody has had the same idea, of course, but at least it's not commonplace/well known.

Anyway, that's all very mean of me because, as you can see, I'm not revealing my masterplan until I've made it. Oh, and don't get your hopes up too much as it is highly like that you won't be as excited as me about it! To make up for all this cloak-and-dagger nonsense, I'll try to pop back later with some pictures of the other mystery idea that I mentioned a few posts back. I'm still besotted with it too :)

I think my mind goes through phases of popping things out and I seem to be in one of those right now. It's so much fun, but it does make being forced to work every waking hour most frustrating. I wonder if I could start going without sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)