Sunday, February 20, 2011

new glasses unveiled

Photobucket
I kind of think my new glasses are as great as I remembered and I kind of think they're not, so I learned how to use Photoshop and Image Ready (totally new to me) to express this feeling via the medium of animation. And you know what that means? I have done a little bit of something from my craftathon 2011 list! Hooray!

I won't be able to test drive the new glasses properly for a while yet as I'm trying some different contact lenses this week so have to wear them every day, but I think I will like my glasses in the end. My rained-upon hair would probably have made me feel bad about anything yesterday. What I am definitely liking is the new mustard wall in my bathroom :)

p.s The tutorial I used to learn how to make this animation can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Love the glasses Laura! They are just the kinda think I was thinking about trying to find when I eventually get round to renewing my own pair. V cool (but not TOO cool y'know?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the animation and the glasses and the wall colour (! that really does look awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both :) I'll say one thing for them - you can walk round the supermarket wearing them and look at all the other people with so-called big glasses and say (in your head) to them, "Your glasses are so puny!" It makes me feel very superior. We all know bigger is better really... I wish I was allowed to wear my glasses today. These new contact lenses I'm trying out are giving me gyp, guv'nor!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)