Sunday, April 1, 2012

stamps ahoy!

I went a bit mad buying stamps this week as I thought the prices went up today. Last night I was kicking myself for not having bought more (I only got a measly 160 stamps altogether!) before the post office closed for the day. Today I discovered that the prices don't go up until the end of the month so I'll be able to stock up some more. Hooray! It's tricky to decide how many to get though. The woman in the post office was trying to sell me large letter stamps in books of 50 and I scoffed at the idea, but now I'm thinking it would be stupid not to. They're good for ever so I suppose all I need to do now is work out how many letters and large letters I'm likely to send in the whole of the rest of my life... That's it decided - I will sink my life savings into tiny pictures of the Queen! I hope the stupidly expensive new prices don't put people off sending letters (to me). I think I will be switching to mainly second class postage, but I'm determined to keep good old fashioned snail mail going. Maybe this hike in prices will force some amazing competitor out of the woodwork? We can but hope.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Superdrug near you? At the moment they are offering 5% off stamps. You can only buy 76 (I think) per customer, per transaction but hey 5% is 5%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I thought retailers had to sell stamps at full price. If I'm buying any more (I will be) then I'll definitely check Superdrug out. Thanks :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)