Friday, June 22, 2012

four

This card is available here.

It is four years to the day since I started blogging.  My first blog post was mainly about the GSA degree show.  (This year I didn't get around to blogging about the degree show, so I will just say quickly that I really liked Kate Costigan's illustrations.)

I often feel like my life doesn't change much or that I'm just coasting along/not doing life properly, but when I think back to how things were four years ago, I realise a lot has changed.  Since then I have qualified as a primary teacher, left teaching (hooray!) and got a job as a subtitler, the first job I've ever had where I've felt comfortable.  I've blogged a lot, crafted a fair bit, set up an online shop, sold my wares at various craft markets.  I've had a baby (the best baby ever!) and been diagnosed with advanced heart failure.  That's like a full 30-minute episode of a soap opera right there, albeit one that probably doesn't do so great in the ratings.  Right now I'm living in the doof-doof moment of the heart diagnosis and finding that cliffhangers in real life are a lot less fun than those on screen :(

I had thought about having a giveaway to celebrate these four years in the business, but instead I have decided to do things a little differently and surprise four of my readers.  I will say no more about the nature of the surprise other than that it is pleasant, so no need to be looking over your shoulder or living in fear!  I have already selected the lucky four.  Could it be you?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Bloggy Birthday, hope you're eating cake?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't planning to (trying to reduce my current cake intake) but I might just pick up a slice after today's bounce and rhyme session. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Happy 4th anniversary :) I didn't realise that you used to be a primary teacher - me too! And I'm guessing that like me, you are glad to be out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very! Best decision I ever made, or had forced upon me by the job market. I will never go back to it.

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th blogiversary to you! I've just eaten cake on your behalf! (a pear and almond muffin) but probably shouldn't as I've still got to shift the baby weight!!
    glad you are still blogging, always enjoy your posts...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moira :)

      As long as I'm still breastfeeding, I think I can justify daily cake. I only hope the other teenagers won't laugh when I'm still feeding Dulcie in 15 years' time...

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)