Friday, June 1, 2012

family resemblance

 Dulcie still hasn't met her French cousins, but already the family ties are strong, apparently.  Here she is with a baby photo of her eldest cousin from my side of the family, Kim (who'll be turning seven this summer) and the resemblance is uncanny, wouldn't you say?
We obviously have a genetic predisposition for high-waisted red tights on my side of the family!

Isn't Dulcie's mini quilt lovely?  It's handmade and was a present from a mysterious benefactor.  All the babies in neonatal intensive care were given one as a welcome-to-the-world present.  The neonatal wards were awash with handmade donations.  The babies all slept under beautiful hand-knitted blankets and each got one to keep on Christmas Day.  I'm hoping I can muster some craft skills and spare time to make something for the neonatal ward one day as those little touches really made a big difference to me during the difficult days of Dulcie's hospitalisation.  Maybe they'd like some mini bunting for all the cots and incubators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)