Monday, April 13, 2015

more make-do mothering

 When Dulcie jumped in a puddle and got soaked right through to her pants but wasn't ready (or willing!) to go home, I fashioned this stylish asymmetrical skirt from her cardigan.
It kept her perfectly decent and she was able to run, jump and climb her way through a whole afternoon's fun in it.  Plus it made me feel like a Great British Sewing Bee contestant.  Whoop!

I realised later that this was not the first time I'd had to do an emergency cardigan transformation for Dulcie.  They do grow up fast, but some things really don't change that much :)  

[Translation: I'm still mothering on the hoof and probably always will!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)