Tuesday, April 21, 2015

what we did on our easter "holiday"

 This Easter was rather low-key as I was working the whole weekend.  Graham and Dulcie went to visit Graham's parents on the Sunday, and squeezed in a trip to Erskine beach while they were there.
 Dulcie had a great time, as you can see, and so did Graham.  We're still finding sand in Dulcie's boots, even now.
 Meanwhile, I spent my Easter weekend with...
..this lady!  It's Aughra from The Dark Crystal.  I spent a fair proportion of Easter weekend subtitling this film.  Let me tell you, there are worse ways to earn a living!  The Dark Crystal was the first film I ever saw at the cinema (when I was probably about Dulcie's age) and whenever the film is mentioned, my mum always casts up the fact that, when Aughra first appeared on screen, I said, "Mum, that lady looks like you!"  Oh, my poor mother...  I think it was probably the hair.  Head hair, not facial hair.  Ha!
 I wasn't entirely un-Easterish, though.  Dulcie and I drove through to visit my mum and dad on Good Friday and they'd prepared an egg hunt in the garden, complete with a book of clues and everything.
 Dulcie had a great time.  And plenty of chocolate.
And I'm sorry, but how ridiculously cute and cutely ridiculous is that hat?!  Dulcie found it in a charity shop and it didn't take much persuasion for me to part with my 75p!  She's not always in a hat-wearing mood, but I like to make the most of it when she is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)