Sunday, March 1, 2015

swim sunday #8

http://images.mysafetysign.com/img/lg/I/iso-beware-drowning-warning-symbol-is-2057.png
 Target total this week: 435
Lengths swum this week: 0!
Total lengths swum: 384 (51 behind target)

I'd need to swim 106 lengths this week to meet next week's target. Gulp!
 
This really wasn't my fault this week.  Our usual swimming baby-sitter was stranded on Islay by the bad weather, then I was ill (and I checked with my consultant the other week who told me that I should rest and not swim when I am feeling rubbish) and then I was out test-driving and buying a car, which had to take precedence as a one-off big decision/job.  But next week I'm going to get back on track and make up at least some of that deficit.  The game is not lost!

I got my new car yesterday.  The journey back was really about as bad as it could be - first time on the motorway, in the dark, in post-football traffic, in torrential rain - but I totally did it!  Well, except the parking when I got home, which my dad had to do for me.  Ha!  I'm now too scared to go out in the car for fear I'll never get it back in a parking space.  But it's very exciting and being forced out of my comfort zone that way for my first journey has done wonders for my driving confidence.  I love my new car!  I might even drive to the pool later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)