Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FIRE! I mean, mmm, fire...

This is the third appearance for this photo on this blog, but can you blame me? How cosy! This morning Gary the friendly gas man came and gave our fire a bit of a service since a suspicious flame had been appearing where it shouldn't have been. The fire is now fully operational again, just in time for cosying down for winter. I do wish we'd had a bit more of a summer this year, but I'm still looking forward to the cosiness of winter evenings. I think the cats are too. The last few nights Lola has been lounging in front of the cold dark fire showing off her belly as if she knew what we had planned.

I'm feeling rubbish today, probably just through general lack of sleep and too many late shifts, I think. Today was my day off anyway though, so I cancelled all my plans of exercising and tidying at the drop of a hat and am spending the day on the sofa watching telly and doing a spot of crochet instead. It's definitely helping. Perhaps a little bit of afternoon fire action would help even more. Mmmm!

UPDATE: I spent the afternoon on a cushion in front of the fire with a very happy cat, crocheting and watching The House Of Elliot. Life doesn't get much better than that, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)