Friday, August 28, 2009

a cure for the common cold

Phew! I've been slaving away in the kitchen for hours, making pots and pots of soup to put in the freezer. I've made tomato and lentil, carrot and coriander, and curried carrot and apple. Curried carrot and apple soup is a miracle soup. What makes it so miraculous is its power to... cure the common cold! It really works, and it's good even if you don't have a cold so I'm going to share the super easy recipe with you. I'm not sure where it comes from originally.

COLD CURING CURRIED CARROT AND APPLE SOUP
Chop up a large onion, a pound of carrots and two apples (cored but not peeled). Put them in a saucepan with some sunflower oil and a good tablespoon of curry paste and stir them over a lowish heat for about five minutes. Add about 350ml of stock and simmer for half an hour or until the vegetables are tender. Blend until smooth. Put in another 350ml or so of stock, bring back to the boil, season and serve.

Ta da!

Sorry for the lack of pictures but I'm sure you can imagine soup and, if it helps, I can tell you it is a nice orangey brown colour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)