Wednesday, February 29, 2012

birdsong

wedding party in prospect park by annwood
wedding party in prospect park, a photo by annwood on Flickr.
I am sitting in our living room listening to birds twittering through the baby monitor. It's very pleasant. I've noticed the birdsong reappearing just this week when I've been up feeding Dulcie in the wee small hours. It makes me excited about the onset of spring.

After a few weeks of hard work and psychological wrangling (i.e. getting to know what our baby means/wants when she is grunting or shouting and then giving it to her) Dulcie has become a champion sleeper. I feel like a different person these days, getting what was a whole week's worth of zzzzz in one continuous block every night. Last night Dulcie went to bed at 11pm and got up at 4 and 7.30. I think she might not be far off sleeping through the night, which would be amazing. Things are so different from how they were a few weeks ago and I am chalking this up as a parenting success. Yay!

I hope I didn't just jinx things by blogging about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)