Tuesday, May 28, 2013

achievements large and small

 Or should that be "achievements small and smaller"?  Either way, looky-look, I finally finished Dulcie's cardigan, sewing on the buttons at work last night.  It's not perfect (a little baggy round the body and smallish on the arms - she's long and lean, this one) but the great news is that Dulcie herself loves it.  Yay!  I took it off her while we were having lunch and, as soon as we were finished eating, she ran and got it, giving me her best "Peeeeease!" until I helped her put it back on.  Mind you, she did later appear wearing a pair of her dad's dirty pants round her neck, so perhaps I shouln't take it as that much of a compliment!
And my other achievement? Finding the missing part (the central piece, no less) of everyone's favourite wooden cat puzzle, which had been AWOL for weeks.  Dulcie and I are both glad to have him back in one piece, or should I say, back in five pieces?

On a day when I didn't manage to get dressed until nearly 3pm (and even then  only by sacrificing my shower) achievements like this are not to be sniffed at!

4 comments:

  1. Very well done Laura, Dulcie's cardigan is gorgeous! You should start making cardys for adults cause I want one! I love the bright blue colour with the pink and brown and it looks so sweet on your daughter, defiantly inspiring :) Safxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bigger the cardigan, the more my crochet inexperience shows! But I would love a cardigan like this for myself. Hmm, perhaps one of us should try...?

      Delete
  2. I'd totally go for that cardie in an adult's size - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I think that makes you fourth in the queue... I wouldn't hold your breath! :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)