Monday, May 27, 2013

the mum limpet (in dungarees)

Waaaah!  Believe it or not, this outfit makes Dulcie really happy.  It gets pulled out of the dirty washing basket at least three times daily.  But this is just how she was feeling all of last week.  She's still coughing and spluttering, but seems otherwise back to her old self - a bit less clingy and able to demonstrate the pleasure she finds in things once again.
This was as close as we got to a smile that day.  I could tell she was enjoying herself at the park (partly because of how much she screamed - Jesus H Christ - when I put her back in the pram to leave) but we got lots of comments from strangers about how nonplussed she looked.
Hardly surprising when you see this photo demonstrating her absolute joy on the swing...
She may look cute, but she's a brute.  (She's not really - that's just one for the Reeves and Mortimer fans.)

Flying solo with a poorly little mum limpet all week was hard work, but I still made sure to savour all the extra cuddles she forced on me.  Ah, I do so love this little blighter, but hopefully this week she'll at least give me enough space to do things like eat and go to the toilet!

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha :) But why would you need to go to the toilet? Or eat? They do soon grow out of this stage - you will be into the huffs and puffs of 9 year olds soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm trying to savour! I feel bad every time I wish something over. At least this week she's clinging in a slightly more positive way, making me feel like her favourite :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds very familiar... I recently found an embroidery on etsy (yes, the search continues...), saying "We used to want it all. Now we just want to pee alone". So true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll go for "I used to want it all. Now I just want to pee without the door flying open and all the neighbours seeing me with my pants down on a daily basis."

      Good luck with the search! My embroidery is still making me very happy. (Sorry!)

      Delete
  3. Hang in there, I can imagine it must feel hard sometimes but your so lucky to have a little one :) I would love to have one one day :) Hope she is a bit better this week for you! Safxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't do it! Only kidding, it's great really. And I think Dulcie is getting back to being a bit more like her usual self this week, touch wood :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)