Friday, February 19, 2010

A competition? Doof doof doof-doof-doof doof-doof-doof-doof!


Oh, the excitement! I have waited for this day for six months! Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know I'm talking about tonight's live episode of EastEnders to celebrate their 25th anniversary. I've got over my fear that someone will fluff their lines and shatter the illusion and am now just mega excited. It's the television event of the quarter century, I'm telling you! Graham's parents are coming to visit today, but he is under strict instructions to get rid of them well before eight o'clock. Hee hee! I'm so mean...

I heard Adam Woodyat (a.k.a Ian Beale) on the radio this morning, saying that they have been rehearsing nine different endings (each one with a different killer revealed) and that the cast are only finding out today what ending they're actually going to go with! Aaaaah! Amazing! I can only think of seven obvious suspects (though I may be forgetting someone...) so there is a chance it will be someone who hasn't even crossed our minds. I kind of hope not. The only thing we really know for sure is that Pat is innocent. She was in New Zealand at the time of the murder. Or was she...? :)

I have been loving the nostalgia factor of EastEnders recently - Pat's old photos of every Albert Square wedding, Ian's family tree research and what I suppose is a time capsule (hopefully we get to see what's in it tonight) plus all the old faces appearing for Bianca's wedding - Sonia (and trumpet) to name but one! And Bianca and Ricky getting married, of course! And Stacey and Bradley, too, though why can't things just work out for them? Sigh... Sorry - got a bit side-tracked there! I hope the nostalgia continues a while longer and with news of Kat and Alfie's return later this year, the signs are looking good. Kat back in the Square? I feel a celebration embroidery coming on!

If you're watching tonight, I hope you enjoy it. Fancy putting your money where your mouth is (so to speak) without actually risking a penny?

To celebrate my favourite show's quarter century and the fact that February is apparently embroidery month (yeah, who knew?!) I am having a little competition. Leave a comment here before 8 o'clock tonight saying who you think the killer is. If you're a super sleuth and get it right, you could win a large EastEnders embroidery handmade by me. You'll be able to choose from Pat, Dot, Ethel and Willy or Frank, or maybe even a new embroidered character of your own choosing. I can't promise that - some characters I've tried to do just haven't worked out - but we can certainly discuss and I'll do my best! Whatever character you choose, you may have to wait a few weeks to receive your prize (I can't keep up with the sewing demands as it is these days!) but rest assured that your embroidery will be with you just as soon as I can manage to make it. Only one entry (and one killer named) per person, please, so be decisive and don't hedge your bets. If more than one person gets it right, then all the correct answers will be put in a hat and one winner will be drawn at random. If nobody gets it right, then more time to watch EastEnders (and less time sewing) for me! :) Come on, people, you've got nine hours to make that all important decision...

Doof doof doof-doof-doof doof-doof-doof-doof!

28 comments:

  1. ohh, tough one! i have no real idea!!! heard alot of people say it might be sean? or how about little ben! grant is due a comeback too!
    errr, lets go with jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill go for peggy with barbara windsor leavinig and the fact i stopped watching weeks ago lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recon it was amy crawling along the bar when archie was bent down picking up his keys, amy accidentally knocked the bust off onto archie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going for Peggy as people seem to think she wouldn't be up to it but i think she really would be.

    Cant wait for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna go for Becca - there's something odd about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im going to be a little off the wall and say GRANT. I think peggy rang him when phil was being weak and that she asked grant to do the deed instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think becca's crazy enough- and she has a bit of an obsessive relationship with stacey! That would explain her grassing-up bradley too! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i reckon it was roxy.....good twist considering everything was left to her in the will!

    @missdaisy32 on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're all mad! Clearly it was Frank, back from beyond the grave, to take revenge for getting his hands on Peggy - his actual real true love. His marriage to Pat was always just a sham, as Pat is REALLY A MAN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey this is awesome, love your Eastenders stitches! They're great!
    I think Peggy did it, crazy old woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it could be Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I going for Shaun Slater....( and he's so yummy)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tracey the barmaid looks shifty to me- I'll put my money on her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it might be Jack Branning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im going for Stacey (Bradley could take the rap for it)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is Ryan because he is madly in love with Janine and he disliked the fact that she really loved Archie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think i't going to be ......Sean, but don't tell my daughter that I've entered, as I deny even watching the program.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am thinking Ryan as an outside bet (or sean but thats now more obvious....)

    Hope its not Peggy or Phil....way to obvious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually think it was Pat.

    I'm not convinced that she was in New Zealand for the whole time she said she was, she was acting pretty shifty when she came back and didn't seem particularly surprised when she was told that Archie was dead. I did wonder if she had the heart attack because of the guilt eating away at her. Motive, well she never really seemed to like Archie and I don't think she was very pleased with how he treated Peggy, it could also be that she's like a mother figure to Janine and maybe she saw Archie throw Janine out of the Vic and decided enough was enough? Other than that it's just a gut feeling I've had ever since she reappeared after Christmas that's not gone away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm going to suggest Peggy, standing on a box to shove Queen Victoria off the bar. I was swithering over whether it would be Pat but I reckon she could take care of it with her bare hands.

    Disclaimer: I haven't watched Eastenders since the Peggy/Pat double-hander where a chair got thrown (how could they ever top that episode) so they're actually the only two characters I actually know these days. Although I heard Bianca's back...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it was Jane

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Rolly came back and freaked him to his death with those big black sacks under 'it's' eyes - creepy Rolly! Bark!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I say Dr. Legg and Adam says Nasty Nick. Do we win a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Read the rules, woman! You're too late! Oh yeah and WRONG! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)