Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm here, life's queer, get used to it!

I'm alive! I'm having a crazy old week of highs and lows, lows and highs. I may be out of a job soon (don't ask!) but may also be a world famous embroiderer on the telly (ask!). Thank goodness for some good news to balance out the bad. Our boiler had not been working since we got back from our holiday (it has been so cold in our flat, causing me to have hot water bottles actually strapped to my body at all times!) but it got fixed today. Bad for a while, now good. We now have heat (good) and it wasn't as expensive as we had feared (good) but we also have a very loud noise that never used to happen (bad). So, you see, Yin and Yang is maintained...

Our holiday was brilliant. I broke the curse of not being able to plan birthday outings and we had a super time. I have uploaded some of the photos to my flickr (yes, there are more to come!) but I will be back with a dedicated holiday blog post soon, so will tell all then. I accidentally took Graham on holiday to the charity shop Mecca for his birthday (brilliant!) so I have some great charity shop finds to share too. In the meantime, here is a picture of the birthday card I made for Graham. He's a big Gregory's Girl fan and, if you can't quite make it out, this is the "Off you go, you small boys," scene. We're going to the special 30th anniversary screening of Gregory's Girl later this month. We were quick off the mark and got tickets straight away (good) then work said I couldn't have the day off (bad) then it turned out I wasn't on the rota to work that day anyway (good). Life, eh?

Right, off to watch Mad Men (good, good, good).

5 comments:

  1. Bah, I only just heard about the work stuff like an hour ago. I am so out the loop. It sucks but I am sure they see how wonderful you are, I hope so!

    Great news that heating has been fixed seeing as it's not stopped snowing since 4pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me who I need to write to to tell them that you are by far the very bestest Eastenders subtitler the world has ever seen and I'll do it! How dare they steal the job you were made for!? Outraged!!!! And please do share telly fame theory with us :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Daisie - details please! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! Thanks all. Daisie, you are so right. I even did the subtitles for tonight's episode, which, may I point out, were found to have not a single error in them, not even a mised comma. But we live in tough times and I am on a temporary contract so, unless a lot of other people leave in the meantime, you will have to do without my far superior made-with-love Easties subs. Come on, people at my work - start making babies! As for the telly fame... Well, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say really, but some of my embroideries are currently in the hands of a very exciting television personality who is working on her new series. Whether they will actually make it on screen is another matter but we can all just keep our fingers crossed. It all came about, as most of my crafty good fortune does, through Claire, my crafty fairy godmother (thanks again, Claire!). Now, if she could just stretch her talents to safeguarding my DAY job... :) I will tell all as soon as I get the green light for gossip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the tv embroidery stuff sounds well exciting!!
    *fingers crossed* for you on the job front!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)