Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Haw hee haw! C'est un livres tres beau!

I bought this book a few months ago, coincidentally in the same shop the bird table book came from.  I'm not sure that I'll be using it to improve my French, but you never know how much I'll absorb as I browse the fab illustrations.
It's kind of  shame that telling the time is one of the few areas of French I can remember because I love looking at this page of clocks.  There is something so jazzy about the title.  Maintenant il est neuf heures moins vingt, monsieurs et madames.  See!  Practically fluent!  I always liked the word 'maintenant'.  So much more exciting than 'now'.
I like this map of Paris but it wasn't until after I took the photo that I noticed the song on the opposite page.  I used to sing this song with my mum when I was tiny (I think she was taught it at school).  The words sound just like I remembered but don't look how I expected.  I thin kIth ought they wered ivided updiff erent lyif yous eewha tImean?

On a different note, I think this is my 98th post.  (Who am I kidding?  I know it is!  I'm excited!)  Keep your eyes peeled for my 100th.  I'm planning a giveaway and am uncommonly excited about it.  I have two and a half prizes already prepared and will share pictures soon.   I don't know whether to set a question/challenge or just pick a random commenter.  I think I've only ever had as many as three commenters a couple of times (so maybe asking people to do something is a bit optimistic) but hopefully the draw of prizes will bring some more readers out of the woodwork.  Hee!

2 comments:

  1. 100 posts - look at you! thank you so much for the birthday card - it was adorable. but we're only pen-pals if i write back - email me your address, i've some planned crafty goodness to send your way soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit embarrassed by my excitement over the hundredth post thing... bit I just can't help it! A new pen-pal might push me over the edge :) I'll go and email you my address now! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)