Friday, January 4, 2013

grazing


Edit: Now you can get a Graze box for free too.  Just follow this link (for a limited time) and feel free to send your friends and family there too :)

Just before I left for my first day back at work today, the postman arrived with a Graze box for me, sent by a mysterious benefactor.  I ate one of the four snacks at my desk and it was yum-yum-delicious.  I've since discovered that the mysterious benefactor was my sister and that I'll be getting one of these every Friday!  Whoop!  It is truly the perfect back-to-work present, especially given my health-related new year's resolution.  There are four snacks in each box and I will be working four shifts each week, so I'm hoping that a healthy snack per shift will keep me away from the lure of the vending machine and on the straight and narrow.  I've just been on the website to tell them all about my likes and dislikes, so hopefully the boxes will be full of things I love to eat.  I can't tell you how excited I am about this!  Health food, who'd have thought it?

My first day back went pretty well.  It was good to see the old familiar faces (and the million and one new ones - I think half the workforce has been replaced in my time off!) and I remembered how to use the subtitling software much better than I'd expected.  Dulcie had a lovely afternoon with her granny and even waved me off and blew me a kiss when I left.  I read a bit of my book on the underground and it felt surprisingly normal to be going to work.  I feel good.  I think this working mother malarkey might just work out :)

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about Graze boxes for a while - you'll have to let us know how you get on with them :) And yay for a good first day back - I was wondering how you'd got on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far I am very impressed but I will update you in a few weeks' time. I'm on a pretty healthy package, so I don't get any of the more salty/sugary/fatty snacks but it's not the supreme superfood package so I still get the odd treat - dark chocolate, tasty nuts and the like. I can't wait to receive my package every week and to start tasting and rating :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear it Laura. Was thinking of you yesterday. Have sampled a friend's graze box and the snacks are very yummy. My friend subscribed but her only complaint was that she had no self control and ate the boxes much quicker than intended. Hope the working mother malarkey continues to make you happy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I think leaving the box in my work locker will be the way to go. I almost ate the three remaining boxes as a post-breakfast snack just there!

      Delete
  3. Glad it went well, hope your enjoyment continues x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)