Tuesday, January 29, 2013

me and my girl

Here's a quick snap of Dulcie and I for posterity's sake, taken just after I got drenched in the rain.  I'm finding it hard to find the energy to be a very good mum at the moment (that's not to say I'm not a good mum, just maybe not quite the mum I would hope to be able to be) but I still just love having Dulcie around.  She is getting so funny and so stubborn, too.  (Wonder where she gets that from...)  As well as making various animal noises, she can say "Dad", "Mum", "cat", "dog" (sort of) and "twoo", which means owl.  She's still loving to dance and will sing, "Yeah, yeah, yeah," along to pretty much everything.  She knows the actions to lots of the songs we sing and will join in unprompted.  She's still not quite walking solo, but she can fairly get around, shuffling over to the nearest bit of furniture and pulling herself up to standing, usually followed by an excited squeal or a great big giggle.  She's getting to be pretty affectionate (sometimes) which I love.  I'm doing everything I can to turn her into a cuddly type.  She's still not any closer to sleeping in her own bed, but I guess that goes hand in hand with being a cuddly type!  All in all, Dulcie's just a great girl.  But, man oh man, is she hard work :)

4 comments:

  1. Dulcie is absolutely adorable! Being a mum is definitely hard work, but it is also such good fun! :) It sounds as if she is quickly turning into a little girl (as opposed to a baby), and you are lucky to be along for the ride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. Dulcie and I were in the library yesterday and a little girl came up to me and asked me if Dulcie was a baby or a girl. I didn't really know how to answer!

      Delete
  2. It's a fabulous picture and I love her cardigan! And it's crap that no one tells you quite how hard motherhood can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure people told me it was hard, but I didn't really grasp what they meant or chose to ignore them (you probably have to). Plus I was blissfully unaware of the myriad of ways things could go wrong and how much harder that would make it. Oh, those carefree days...! Ha!

      My mum got that cardigan in a charity shop. It's handmade and so soft and snuggly. Dulcie wears it almost every day at the moment :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)