Monday, January 28, 2013

the age of lovejoy

I passed a rather pleasant and relaxing weekend at work.  I was told to practise working on repeats, which means getting to watch some classic programmes like Lovejoy.  Mmm!  Nice, slow telly.  However, whille subtitling Lovejoy this weekend, something shocking happened.  The police wanted to question Lovejoy about a crime as he matched the assailant's description in every way... including being in his thirties!  Lovejoy?!  In his thirties?!  This cannot be!  I am in my thirties!  Am I really the same age as Lovejoy?  I think this will be the root of my first proper mid-life crisis.  Mind you, it probably doesn't help that my abiding image of Lovejoy is this clip from Reeves and Mortimer, which does emphasise his deep-set wrinkles rather...

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS MY FAVOURITE REEVES AND MORTIMER CLIP EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that whole series (my sister had the videos of it and we watched it pretty much every weekend as teenagers) but Lovejoy does definitely stand out in my memory. And Barry White. Tee hee!

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)