Monday, August 18, 2008

memoir monday (three)

October Week 1986

On Friday after school Ruth came over to stay the weekend.  When we got home Ruth kept pestering me to play Blockbusters on the computer.  So I decided to load it.  When it loaded Ruth got the white buzzer and I got the blue.  The first game we played I won.  The second game we played I won.  It went on like that until the second last game.  Ruth won that one and the last one.  The scores were 7-2.  I got the 7.  After that we were just playing. My dad shouted us through for tea.  For tea we had fishfingers, beans and chips and some chocolate mousse.  After tea my mum, Laura and Toby decorated my cake.  It was a spider on a web.  The web was feather icing and the spider was a truffle with licquorice legs.  When my Granny came she thought it was a hedgehog with 8 legs.  Laura and Toby wrapped up my present.  We went and got ready for bed next.  Ruth and I slept up in the attic.  At about half past nine we switched out the light.  As soon as we did we saw a star and it seemed to be getting bigger and smaller.  Ruth and I both got very worried.  Eventually we decided to go downstairs and tell my dad.  Downstairs my dad was wrapping up my present with my mum.  When we got down my dad rushed us out of the room.  We told him about the star and he came up.  Dad hung up my trousers and my jumper.  Ruth told me a ghost story.  I wanted to tell her one back but I couldn't think of one.  It must have been half past ten by now.  And I couldn't get to sleep.  I started walking round the room.  Ruth got annoyed and she joined me.  I must have been more enthusiastic because Ruth went to play with Laura's ironing board.  At last we got to sleep and Ruth...

(Here there is a page missing.  The cake in the picture is the spider cake and the other two people at the table are Ruth and Toby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)