Tuesday, August 5, 2008

progress report

My cunning plan worked and I did indeed have a productive day.  This morning I made this little dog as a birthday gift for someone special. The pattern is from this lovely book that my sister gave me for my birthday this year.
Unfortunately, I unwittingly made a very naughty doggy who is permanently cocking a back leg...
After making the permanently peeing pooch, I sorted out some nagging bits and pieces (made phonecalls, wrote emails, booked bus tickets etc.) and then hung lots and lots of lovely things on my newly painted white walls.  
My weekend of painting frames white has paid off and this wall is making me so happy!  You can see a bigger version of this (with notes to tell you what all the different things are) at my flickr here. Yesterday I adjusted and hung some gorgeous curtains that I bought in a charity shop over a year ago when I took Graham to Arran for the day for his birthday (that is a whole other sorry story!) so the room is really coming together.  Yay!  

So you can see that I fulfilled the promise I made to myself to be productive, and the evening is yet young...  I may have to use my blog to blackmail/publicly humiliate myself more often!

2 comments:

  1. I love your dog, I think his disformality only adds to his lovableness, I hope he goes to a good home. Im sure they will be delighted! Maybe he should be known as the pokadot pooch instead?

    I also liked your zip brooches it took me a while to work out what part was the zip...but then I did, very clever!

    Unfortunatly due to a busy summer of working, iv not had a moment to concentate on making nice things. I hope to soon as things should get less hetic when I move to my artist in residncey placement for the year, im really looking forward to it!! Then ill be able to let you see more jewellery of my own and continue the creativness...:-)

    bye for now,

    Iona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so lucky to get to be an artist in residence! Don't forget to show all your hard work on your blog so that I can enjoy it too. My free time for being creative will be over in precisely one week :( It's like we're doing a swap!

    Thanks for visiting again x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)