Monday, September 1, 2008

memoir monday (four)



29th August 1986

I've noticed that the leaves are falling off the trees. The one at the bottom of the playground is losing its leaves. It looks all bare and the leaves have made a pile on the ground.  Also our apple tree is producing apples again. When they are ready they fall off and we go and pick them up.  Usually Mum makes apple sauce with them.

5th September 1986

Most of the farmers have started to harvest.  At Troopsmill they have started already.

In our garden the peas are nearly ready.  My granny's peas are ready.  We had a bag of peas. Mum said that peas go quickly.

One day Mum was driving to Huntly when she saw a magpie.

12th September 1986

On Wednesday we saw 2 men putting cows into the field over the road.  I think there are about 10. Every morning I see the farmer coming to feed them. Yesterday they put the cows into the field beside us but one.  I haven't seen them yet.  Also yesterday when we went to Brownies we saw some baby birds.  When we came up they flew away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)