Friday, September 11, 2009

creating a spectacle

Originally uploaded by nerdgirljulie

I've been trying to think of simple embroidery ideas (anything quicker than a full on portrait of a lady with wrinkles would be good!) and so wish I'd come up with this. I love it!

My glasses have a copper coloured frame but have had a big scratch in the middle, right above my nose, for a couple of years. Before my interview, I disguised the scratch by colouring it in with a brown permanent marker. Hee hee! I wish I'd thought of doing that sooner - now I'll get at least another decade's wear out of them!

What can I say? I'm a classy doll.

2 comments:

  1. I have a BONZER idea for embroidery that I am itching to try but no time! Perhaps I should give it to you - you would probably make a far better job of it anyway!

    Sorry to hear about job - they are clearly FOOLS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you will have to start leasing out your ideas - you always seem to have a few to spare! I doubt I would make a better job of it though. I have been trying to branch out my soap portrait range this week and some of the results have been truly laughable!

    I want to be bitter about the job (just to mask the pain - ha!) but the people were genuinely so nice it's impossible to be annoyed with them. Doesn't mean they're not fools, though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)