Wednesday, March 2, 2011

typo-tastrophe

Consider this a valuable lesson learned. Never again will I try to write and proof instructions when I am like a half-shut knife after a long day at work. I had just finished packaging up a lovely big pile of brand new 'make your own' kits when I spotted this typo in the instructions. When I say I had just finished, I mean that literally - the last staple was flying out of the stapler when my eye chanced upon this glaring error. Yes, I said staples. Irreversible bloomin' staples. This means all the kits have to be taken apart, destroying all the packaging in the process so that I will essentially have to start from scratch. Two nights' work down the bleedin' pan. Grrr! I'm sure nobody would ask for a refund over one missing letter, but I couldn't love these kits knowing what I knew. Sigh... Who would believe that I proofread professionally, eh? Hopefully I do it a bit better than this in my day job!

You still have time to enter the giveaway or take advantage of the 20% discount in my shop (simply quote IAMAGIRL at the checkout) but not too long. Winners will be drawn and the codes will be deactivated tomorrow (Thursday a.k.a. Girls' Day) so get a wriggle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)