Saturday, July 16, 2011

sobbing in the cinema on a saturday

Graham and I had been planning some sort of elaborate day out today, but the crazily changeable weather scuppered that plan, so we went to the cinema for an afternoon movie instead. Semi-randomly we went to see a Turkish film called Bal at the GFT. It was such a good film, very quiet and beautiful. As soon as I saw the little boy who was the main actor I knew the film was probably going to tug on my heartstrings at some point. I sniffled quietly for the last half hour of the film, thought I had pulled myself together and then had to be consoled by Graham as I sobbed on his shoulder once the lights went up. It was such a sweet and sad film and one that I would definitely recommend going to see if you are not as much of a softie as I am. If you're in Glasgow, it's on at the GFT until Thursday at least, screening times here.

2 comments:

  1. I get really embarrassed walking out of a movie theatre with red rimmed eyes and a snotty nose. So it sounds like a good Sunday arvo at home movie for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind sniffling quietly in the dark usually, but it is kind of embarrassing to cry like that after the lights have gone up. I was lucky to have Graham with me - he only laughed at me a little bit (fair's fair!) and let me hide my crumpled face on his shoulder until I had got over it. The sad thing is that I still keep welling up even today every time I think about little bits of this film :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)