Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm telling you, it's too cold for camping

It's -9 degrees here in Glasgow today. Allegedly. I can't quite believe it, but there are signs that it may be true. One - my toes felt like they might snap off when I moved them even though I was wearing two pairs of socks and wellies. Two - we had ice on the inside of our windows this morning. Three - the pom poms have frozen solid and have actual icicles hanging off them. They look so funny, but I didn't have my camera with me. If the icicles are still there tomorrow, I'll try to nip out and snap a shot of them.
All this evidence leads me to suggest that this is not a good time of year to be going camping, even if the tents are cheap.
Yes, it's an oldie, but a goodie. "Now is the winter of our discount tents."
These are my latest Gocco attempt and I am very pleased with them. I have had them planned for the last couple of winters, so am very relieved I managed to actually make them this year. I love it when a plan comes together! They are in my shop (along with lots of new Sandboys goodies - single notecards, lovely prints and notebooks) now.
If you normally receive a Christmas card from me, please wipe these images from your mind now. And remember, everybody, a "Now is the winter..." notecard is for life winter and not just for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee - even though it's an oldie, it is a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was about 14, my granda gave me a year's subscription to the Reader's Digest for my Christmas. I think it was the only present he ever got me. Of course, he did it to get extra entries into their prize draws, but I didn't realise that at the time. I used to ignore the articles/extracts and just read the funny little one-offs in the bottom corner of the pages and that was where I first heard, "Now is the winter of our discount tents." I thought it was hilarious. After 16 years of rattling around my head and making me chuckle every time I walked past a camping shop in cold weather, out it has popped. Glad I'm not the only one with a cheesy (in the best possible way!) sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)