Friday, June 8, 2012

flamin' heck!

This afternoon the Olympic torch passed a couple of hundred metres from our front door.
 Lots of people turned out to see it.
 I thought Dulcie and I should go along and be part of a historical moment, albeit one that was over in a bit of a flash.  In ten years' time we can show her this blog post to prove she was there.  It's a shame I didn't have time to wash all the carrot and pear off her face before we left the house!

It really was quite exciting to see the Olympic flame and it was funny to see all the gubbins that went along with it.  One man had the job of sitting by an open door on a minibus, waving the arm of a giant soft toy version of one of the Olympic mascots.  I had the feeling he'd been waving its arm all the way from Athens - he certainly looked bored enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)