Thursday, November 15, 2012

first anniversary

One year ago today, Dulcie and I met for the very first time.  Her birthday (Saturday) seems like such a long time ago already.  I can't believe they made me wait that long to see her!  No wonder I was such a wreck.  I remember the ambulance ride to her hospital seemed to take for ever.
Dulcie was off the ventilator by then but was still getting a bit of help breathing through this little mask. We still have the wee nose piece and it is so tiny!
And just look at her now.  She is such a wee smasher.  Do you know she has started to applaud good answers on Pointless?  That's my girl!

I hope you'll all forgive my nostalgia.  I never got to blog about Dulcie's arrival at the time (not until well after the fact) so I figure it's OK to revisit it now.  I'll try to think of something more topical to say soon.

3 comments:

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)